Junior Cycle Briefing Seminars
Dates & Venues:
• 19th September: Rochestown Park Hotel, Cork
• 21st September: Killeshin Hotel, Portlaoise
• 4th October: Radisson Blu Hotel, Dublin Airport
• 5th October: Clarion Hotel, Liffey Valley
Time: 9.30am - 3.30pm
JMB and JCT are jointly planning a number of important briefing seminars on the new Junior Cycle Framework for principals and deputy principals in our sector. Arrangements are now in place and we invite you to register as soon as possible for the venue of your choice. There is no cost to JMB schools for this event.
Each seminar will begin at 9.30am and conclude at 3.30pm – lunch will be provided.
Following a welcome and introductions, Fiona O’Brien JCT Advisor for Leadership and Assessment, will provide participants with a ‘catch-up’ briefing on the key aspects of the Framework, including:
• Key elements of the Framework – Principles, Key Skills, Subjects, Short Courses and L2LPs,
• Implementation Issues: 40 and 60 mins classes; Structure of the school day; Number of subjects for certification
• ‘Wellbeing’ and associated timetabling requirements
• Circular 15/2017 – Teacher Professional Time; Management Supports etc.
• The Junior Cycle Profile of Achievement 2017
For the afternoon session, Donal O’Mahony, JCT Deputy Director (Whole School and Leadership), will brief school leaders on the purposes, content and intended outcomes of the whole-school planning day which JCT is available to deliver in your school later this year.
The seminar will conclude with a ‘Questions & Answers’ session from 3.00pm.
JMB strongly advises our school principals and deputies to attend for this event. JCT will continue to provide Leadership CPD later this term but as all sectors will be comprehended, a certain level of awareness of the Framework and its implementation issues will be expected of all participants. These events represent a ‘catch-up’ opportunity to be informed and to discuss with colleagues the implementation arrangements in our sector.